PILKINGTON OPTIMIRROR™ PROTECT PLUS
PILKINGTON OPTIMIRROR™ PROTECT PLUS IS A NEW GENERATION OF SAFETY MIRROR PROVIDING THE OPTIMUM CHOICE FOR ALL INTERIOR MIRROR APPLICATIONS WHERE SAFETY & AESTHETICS ARE PARAMOUNT.
It comes as standard on Pilkington Optiwhite™, a true low-iron glass that is practically colourless, and is therefore also ideal for applications where glass edges are visible or where transparency and enhanced clarity are desired.OPP is a new generation of safety mirror providing the optimum choice for all interior mirror applications where safety and aesthetics are paramount.
No need to toughen or laminate mirrors to achieve modern safety standards. Reduce lead times and costs whist retaining optically flat mirrors for all glazing and cladding applications. Pilkington Optimirror™ Protect Plus brings style, resilience and safety to multiple interior applications in a diverse range of sectors:
– Public spaces
– Public transport, e.g. trains, planes, ships
– Stations and airports
– Commercial applications e.g. office blocks
– Beauty salons & Boutiques
– Shopping centres
– Lifts and escalators
– Leisure applications e.g. gymnasiums
– General domestic environments
– OPP achieves Class 3 (B) 3 to BS EN 12600 for pendulum body impact resistance. If broken, glass remains in place until easily and safely replaced.
– An optically flat surface is maintained with no roller wave, enhancing aesthetics and providing a visually stunning mirror.
– Available from stock in 3210 × 2550 sheets (4.3 mm thickness).
– Pilkington Optiwhite™ version available as standard.
– Grey and Bronze available on request.
– The stock sheets can be cut, drilled and edge worked using standard glass processing equipment unlike toughened glass.
– Passes the durability tests in EN 1036, the European Standard for conventional mirrors.
Satisfies the requirements for Class O material for Approved Document B (Fire Safety).
– Environmentally friendly – low-energy process, lightweight, no heavy metals or toxic elements used.
– Compatible with a range of adhesives for internal applications and can be used in various fixing systems.
PILKINGTON OPTIMIRROR™ PROTECT PLUS IS NOT A MIRROR WITH A SAFETY FILM, IT IS A MIRROR BONDED TO METAL THROUGH THE APPLICATION OF THE CHROMATICS PROCESS. A UNIQUE COMPOSITE MATERIAL IS CREATED WITH EXCELLENT SAFETY AND SECURITY PERFORMANCE. IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH A RANGE OF ADHESIVES FOR INTERNAL APPLICATIONS AND CAN BE USED IN VARIOUS FIXING SYSTEMS.